Intended for : Family, Group, Small Children with Adult, Senior, Tourist, experienced Hiker, Athlete, School Group, foreign Tourist
As: by foot, by bike, by car, by bus, by train
GPS: 50°32'47.707"N, 14°8'14.097"E
Distance from the center: 1.44 km
Visit of the tower is possible after agreement with the staff of the restaurant.
Address : Mostná hora, Litoměřice
When the bridge across Elbe river was being built in the 18th century, the wood was taken from this very place. The official name of the hill in times of Austro - Hungarian monarchy was "F.Josef's heights". After the establishment of the Republic in 1918 it was renamed The heights of freedom.
From 1910 a dominant feature of the hill is a tower and restaurant, built in the German romantic style. The construction was initiated by the "Association for the Improvement of Litoměřice". The tower had three functions - fire watchtower, military lookout and meteorological observation station of the first category. The building was designed by architect Victor Krause, design was implemented by Krause-Poselt company. In 1934 the wine bar and a gazebo were added.
After World War II it belonged to town property until 1955, when the restaurant was transferred under Restaurants and canteens, Ústí nad Labem. In 1990 it was again in restitution returned to the town, which sold it.
The new owner of the building reconstructed it according to the original plans.