Intended for : Family, Group, Senior, Tourist, School Group, foreign Tourist
As: by foot, by bike, by car, by bus, by train
GPS: 50°31'56.561"N, 14°8'1.291"E
Distance from the center: 0.24 km
The church is open to the public only during events.
Address : Jezuitská ul., 412 01 Litoměřice
A massive baroque structure was created by father and son Broggio between the 1701 – 1731years for jesuit college(campus) on the spot of five town houses. The Church was consecreated on 16. 11. 1731. The original hospital which, from the 13th century till the end of the Hussite revolution, belonged to the Knights of the Cross with the Red Star and then to the city (town) and the Church of Virgin Mary, was given to the jesuit Order (3.4.1629).
After the suppression of the Order in 1773, was the building turned into a town brewery warehaus. The church was consecreated again in 1810 and used for theologian seminaries. In 1818, a vaulted hallway joined the church with the college opposite.
Monumental frescoes are attributed to Jan Hiebel. A Jesuit sepulchre is located underneath the church.
In these days the church is from time to time used for concerts or exhibitions, othewise it is closed for public